Oracle is the leading solution for database technology, boasting the largest worldwide installation base and clientele including many gonvernment agencies and large businesses. As the demand for massive amounts of data to be stored, processed, and analyzed increases, the need for knowledgeable, well-qualified professionals to manage databases will only continue to grow.
This training program for “Oracle Database Administration – Fundementals”, provides students with the skills, knowledge, and credentials required to enter the field of database administration. Students can expect hands-on lab exercises, formal classroom instruction, and real world project experience.
About Database Administrator:
- A database administrator (DBA) is a person responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of databases.
- The role includes the development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving database performance and planning for resource capacity, and future expansion requirements. The DBA may also plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.
About Database Administrator:
- DBAs play an important and responsible role in every company’s Information Technology (IT) department. DBAs are also very well paid and the average annual salary is more than $100,000 in the USA.
- Furthermore, it is projected that the demand for DBAs will grow at the rate of 29% per year. CNN also published an article recently that DBAs are in the TOP TEN in-demand jobs for the next decade.
- The leading technology job portal in the US – www.dice.com reported in 2010 that DBAs stand 5th in the Most Difficult to Fill category.
Oracle Still tops the RDBMS Market!
- Leading IT industry analyst firm Gartner, Inc. announced its recent Worldwide RDBMS Market Share Report this quarter and, as in the past couple of years, Oracle is the clear leader with a 58.1% market share. Oracle touted this news by exclaiming that it holds more market share than its five closest competitors combined.
- Oracle grew at 10.9%, exceeding both the industry average (9.9%) and the growth rates of its closest competitors.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR DBA TRAINING
Anyone is eligible to register for the Oracle DBA course @ CIT. But, the below is our recommended target audience.
- Students and Professionals who have at least an high school diploma, associate/diploma
- Students having a bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Students and Professionals who already have prior exposure to Computer Science concepts.
- Professionals who already have studied Oracle elsewhere but did not acquire the confidence level needed to get out there to interview, let alone work.
- Organizations who want to provide Oracle DBA training to their employees.
World CLASS LAB ENVIRONMENT
- CIT students get remote access to a computer server for practice.
- CIT provides Remote server access to our HYBRID students spread all over the world
- CIT provides Windows 2012, LINUX (RHEL and CentOS 7.x) using file system and ASM as storage
- CIT introduces students to managing database servers in the cloud.
HIGH-LEVEL COURSE CONTENTS
- Introduction to Database Management Systems
- Knowing the Computer resources – CPU, STORAGE (MEMORY and DRIVE), and NETWORKING
- Configuring environment variables and Installing Oracle database Software
- Oracle Database Architecture
- Creating the Oracle database
- Database Objects
- Placing data appropriately on database storage
- Oracle Networking
- Oracle Utilities – OUI, DBCA, NETCA, SQL * Plus, RMAN, SQL Loader
- User Managed (Manual) and RMAN Backup, Restore and Recovery
- Scripting, CRON, DBMS_SCHEDULER and Applying Quarterly Patches
- Introduction to Performance Tuning
- Running Oracle on LINUX with ASM (Automatic Storage Management)
- DATA Governance and Security
- User Management, Roles and Privileges
- Database Security Management Tools